Classification of young wine vintages
- Not rated
- Very good
See detail of Almansa D.O. / D.O.P.
Vineyard surface: 7,200 – Wine-Growers: 760 – Wineries: 12 – 2019 Harvest rating: Very Good – Production 19: 4,289,000 litres – Market percentages: 24% National - 76% International.
In the South East region of the province of Albacete. It covers the municipal areas of Almansa, Alpera, Bonete, Corral Rubio, Higueruela, Hoya Gonzalo, Pétrola and the municipal district of El Villar de Chinchilla.
Of a continental type, somewhat less extreme than the climate of La Mancha, although the summers are very hot, with temperatures which easily reach 40 °C. Rainfall, on the other hand, is scant, an average of about 350 mm a year. The majority of the vineyards are situated on the plains, although there are a few situated on the slopes.
The soil is limy, poor in organic matter and with some clayey areas. The vineyards are situated at an altitude of about 700 m.
WHITE: chardonnay, verdejo, sauvignon blanc and moscatel de grano menudo.
Latest tastings in the area
Register for free and access our content
- Discover for free over 12,000 wines reviewed every year
- Find the best bars and restaurants where wine is pampered.
- Receive every week our newsletter with our wine of the week, the trendiest bar and everything about the world of wine.
- Bodegas Piqueras
- Bodegas Atalaya
- Coop. Santa Quiteria - Tintoralba
- Santa Rosa
- Hacienda El Espino
- Bodegas y Viñedos Venta la Vega
- Bodega Dehesa El Carrascal
- Santa Cruz de Alpera Soc. Coop. de C-L-M
- Casa Rojo
- Bodegas Cano
- Bodegas El Tanino
- Spanish Palate
- Bodega Rodríguez de Vera
- Paco Mulero
- Bodegas Volver
- Bodegas Virgen de Belén
- Bodegas Trenza
- Bodegas Winol
- Winehass Canovas Family