10 September 2021
Idiazabal Buñuelos (Idiazabal fritters)
- 300 g of grated white Idiazabal cheese
- 0.5 dl of milk, 0.5 dl of water
- 100 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 6 eggs
- Salt and oil for frying
- Bring the milk and water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the butter and then the flour, and stir with a wooden spoon constantly, so that it does not stick. Let it cool a little.
- Add the eggs to the dough one at a time, beating vigorously. Add the grated cheese and mix well. Taste for salt and adjust if necessary.
- Take portions of dough with a spoon and fry in very hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
Accompany the cooking moment with a glass of fresh Getariako Txakolina.